Sunday, September 27, 2009

Attithi Devo Bhava

First time in my life that i've missed a flight thanks to some bad info and a very slow and confusing public transport system. Waited in the airport for four hours on stand-by.

Lovers on the Arabian.

Come have your family picnic at night on the beach in Bombay.

Even cabbies have shrines.

Just another day riding the elephant.

I went to a zoo. It was terrible, I had too leave. This looks bad but the elephants were in dirty rooms just big enough for them to stand in and their legs were chained together and then chained to the walls so that they could even turn around or take a step for that matter. It made me sick.

This is where Gandhi lived.

Another $3 hotel room.

Looking from the rooftop of my hotel in Jaisalmer.

A very normal sight anywhere in India.

The produce section.

Children love having thier picture taken.


Traffic circle.

These guys had me play cards with them. I had no idea what the game was, I just held the hand and the guy on the left played my cards for me. I think actually won one game.

Making freinds.


The dude could shred.

In the market place, beautiful fabrics and their pushy sales men.

I feel like I'm in Aladin. From the wall of Jaisalmer Fort. Its over 1000 years old and still have over 4000 people living inside it. Every part that is still origional was built using nothing but stone on stone masonry and it has the most intricate stone carvings i've ever seen all through out.

From what I could make out, this is the only shop in India where it's legal to buy marijuana, but apparently only in edible form like choclates and in drinks. But I'v heard the storied about travelers going to prison for the rest of their life in foreign countrys for possesion of the smallest amounts of drugs so I steered clear.

Sandstone elephant.
Tiger the camel.

Hanging out, talking, joking with Osama.

Things haven't changed here for a few thousand years.

Two days in the desert sun.

Children of the sand.



Sunset on the Thar Desert.

Charles of Arabia

Muslim woman.

Muslim family.

The fortress door.

2 comments:

  1. just lovin every minute of it, sharing with your dad, duane and Nana B. keep it coming, love it...so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, nice "sports" shirt- sport!

    ReplyDelete